How AccuWeather Data Provides Value to Energy Managers
Today’s blog is a promotion for an upcoming live event webinar featuring EnergyCAP’s CEO Steve Heinz and Lou Seidel, Director of Business Development for AccuWeather.
The webinar, sponsored by Energy Manager Today, is titled How AccuWeather Data Provides Value to Energy Managers, and will be held at 2:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 9 (just one week from now).
Most of us are familiar with AccuWeather, a worldwide leader in weather forecasts and data. AccuWeather serves hundreds of millions of people daily via television, radio, newspapers, websites and mobile devices.
This webinar will provide an interesting behind-the-scenes tour of the processes that AccuWeather meteorologists use to acquire and validate weather data. But raw weather data isn’t useful to energy managers without a platform, so five value streams – including budgeting, normalizations and M&V (measurement and verification) – will be illustrated using EnergyCAP utility bill management software and WeatherDataDepot.com.
Register for the webinar and learn about:
- Proprietary forecast information pertinent to facility managers (degree days, long-range, seasonal, historical, etc.) using AccuWeather’s forecast engine.
- AccuWeather data gathering and data scrubbing techniques from numerous sources (NOAA, observation networks, etc.) makes AccuWeather superior in delivering the most accurate, trusted weather data.
- Actual and Virtual weather stations: The AccuWeather rationale and process
- AccuWeather’s unique partnerships (government, independent weather sites, etc.) and unique techniques (triangulation, virtual weather stations, etc.) gives AccuWeather access to the most robust, real-time weather data for any location.
- AccuWeather delivers the most accurate information about past, present and future weather parameters customized to your operations.
- EnergyCAP weather-related functions for energy management
- WeatherDataDepot.com – A popular website for viewing AccuWeather current, forecast and historical data in convenient degree day format.
- Energy usage vs. degree day modeling in EnergyCAP
- Better budgets with weather adjustments
- Weather normalization for better year-to-year comparisons
- Weather adjustments improve measurement and verification of savings; add accuracy to cost avoidance reports
- Improving audits and accruals with weather data modeling
This webinar is a great (free) opportunity to pick up some inside information on weather data and its use in energy management. Don’t miss it!